Name: Emily Blunt
Birth Name: Emily Olivia Leah Blunt
Birth Date: February 23, 1983
Birth Place: Roehampton, South West London, England
Height: 5′ 8″
Hair Color: Light Brown / Dark Brown
Eye Color: Green
Relationship: Michael Bublé (2005-2008), John Krasinski (2008-)
Education: Ibstock Place School & Hurtwood House Boarding School
• Bought a $2.2 million new house in Vancouver where she lived with her boyfriend at the time, pop singer Michael Bublé.
• Co-star Meryl Streep has praised Blunt as the best young actress she’s worked with in some time, perhaps ever.
• Named Best Female Scene-Stealer for her performance in The Devil Wears Prada (2006) by Entertainment Weekly.
• She was told to lose weight for her role as Emily in The Devil Wears Prada (2006). She revealed this in a 2006 interview with Craig Ferguson. Co-star Anne Hathaway tells a similar story, and reports that she & Emily were always hungry on-set due to being kept on strict diets to maintain the rail-thin “super-model” look.
• For her breakout performance in The Devil Wears Prada (2006), Emily convinced David Frankel that her character should be British rather than American. Emily also improvised many of her lines and told interviewers that she based the character on people she’s met, but would never want to associate with.
• In 2004, Emily shared the prestigious Evening Standard British Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer with Nathalie Press.
• Acting and adopting new accents helped her to overcome a debilitating speech impediment at age 12.
• Admits she and her The Devil Wears Prada (2006) co-star Stanley Tucci competed to see who could be more over-the-top in their scenes. Tucci admits his young co-star won “hands down”.
• At the 2002 Chichester Festival, Emily earned rave reviews playing Juliet in a production of Romeo and Juliet.
• Divides time between London, Sydney and Vancouver where she lives with her partner Michael Bublé.
• Favourite actresses are: Cate Blanchett, Emma Thompson, Meryl Streep and Nicole Kidman.
• Made her theatrical debut alongside Dame Judi Dench in The Royal Family. She had only six months of formal acting training before gaining the role of Gwen.
• Susan Sarandon asked her to audition for the role of Mara in Irresistible (2006) after seeing My Summer of Love (2004).
• Upon filming their first scene together for The Devil Wears Prada (2006), Meryl Streep laughed that Blunt should be given the film carbon copy, rather than steal the movie.
• She is not related to singer James Blunt.
• She is the great-niece of actor and retired Major-General Tony Richardson.
• Grew up in Roehampton, London.
• Good friends with The Devil Wears Prada (2006) co-star Anne Hathaway.
• The new face of Max Mara add campaign (2007).
• Her ex-boyfriend Michael Bublé’s wrote the hit single Everything for her. She is also on his album Call Me Irresponsible where she sings briefly at the end of the song Me And Mrs. Jones.
• Was named as one of Screen International’s ‘Stars of Tomorrow’ alongside James McAvoy, Noel Clarke, Emily Blunt, Michelle Ryan and Rupert Friend.
• Attended the 2008 Park City – Kari Feinstein Sundance Style Lounge.
• Broke up with longtime boyfriend Michael Bublé in July 2008. They had been together since 2005.